Black seeds, also known as kalonji in many eastern countries, are one of the magic ingredients that can cure almost anything. Benefits of black seed oil for hair growth are known and acknowledged worldwide along with its other benefits that range from beauty purposes to medical remedies. In fact, the seeds have been found to prevent chronic diseases as well such as diabetes. The seeds are extracted from a little flower, Nigella sativa, with wide open petals and sprung out seed stems which expose the seeds for easy collection. Other than it being a popular addition of taste and garnishing in many food items, especially bread and burger buns, the seeds are used in a variety of ways from applying as an oil to consuming as they are.
This article discusses the benefits of black seed oil for hair growth especially, but also details other benefits of this oil for your face, hair, or physique. Read on to understand what miracles this seed’s oil has for you.
Benefits of Black Seed Oil for Hair Growth:
The one property that makes black seed oil exceptionally effective for hair and health is that it is an essential oil. The other popular oils i.e. olive oil, coconut oil, etc are carrier oils that are good for hair health but not as good as black seed oil. Following are a few ways for you to use the benefits of black seed oil for hair growth:
- Regrows Hair on Bald Patches: Mixing black seed oil with the double quantity of olive oil and massaging it into your scalp can help with regrowth of hair on bald patches. With a great number of antioxidants and fatty acids, it acts as a great stimulant for hair growth and regrowth. Massage the oil with olive oil, preferably after warming the oil mixture a little, into your hair roots at least twice a week for best results.
- Minimizes Hair Fall and Hair Breakage: Treat extreme cases of hair breakage and hair fall resulting from weak hair by using the mixture of whole black seeds boiled with water and oil, or by applying the oil on your scalp and massaging it in circular motions.
Benefits of Black Seed Oil for Overall Health:
- Maintains Blood Pressure: Blood pressure is the root of a lot of sicknesses, and controlling it through diet is quite easy when one is dedicated to their health. Black seeds are great for maintaining blood pressure, and especially lowering blood pressure to a healthy rate. Consuming the black seed oil or extract for 60 days is thought to be beneficial for this.
- Balances the Cholesterol Levels: Black seeds are rich in fatty acids which have the potential to balance your cholesterol levels by maintaining a higher rate of good cholesterol against a lower amount of bad cholesterol. While taking black seeds in any form can induce this beneficial effect, taking it in oil form is particularly more convenient.
- Reduces Inflammatory Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a common problem that is caused by a weakness of the immune system which results in inflamed or swelled joints that hurt. Kalonji / black seeds have been found to be a remedy to reduce the symptoms and pain of inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis. The black seed oil may be massaged topically onto the swollen areas or taken as a medication.
- Treats Respiratory Issues: One of the most popular benefits of black seed oil include their effectiveness as a treatment for respiratory issues like asthma or bronchitis. This is due to the seeds’ anti-inflammatory properties that make the seeds’ oil a great treatment.
- Improves Stomach Health: Black seed oil, when taken orally, is a great digestive catalyst that not only reduces the build up of digestive gas but is also associated with treatment for stomach cramps, bloating, and even with the prevention of stomach ulcers. Using black seed oil in your diet regularly can be done by adding it into your foods while cooking or baking.
- Treats Facial Acne: Acne is one of the most common problems reported in modern day’s skin issues. Regardless, the benefits of black seed oil for hair growth and skin health are popularly reviewed, and this oil’s topical application or oral intake has been found to healthier skin with decrease in acne and acne scars.
- Adds Moisture to Hair: Black seed oil is very effective on hair health. Even though many oils promote a healthy and shiny hair shaft, black seed oil is specifically known for its moisture-locking properties. Massaging this oil on the length of your hair can prevent frizz and dry, brittle hair.
- Treats Psoriasis Symptoms: Psoriasis is a skin illness that causes raised irritated patches on skin. Using this oil topically or orally according to your medical practitioner’s advice can help reduce the symptoms of psoriasis i.e. itching or burning sensations that follow this skin condition. In acute cases, the oil can also treat the skin condition altogether.
- Supplements Skin Moisture and Skin Health: Our skin needs moisture to maintain its elasticity and shine. Black seed oil can help keep the skin maintain its moisture, hydrating it from inside out. This not only slows down aging, but also keeps your skin soft, smooth, and supple. For those people who complain of a dull, unhealthy skin, this oil’s usage can encourage a natural glow and hydration of your skin.
- Helps the Body Repair Injuries: Shallow wounds or recovering scars are greatly benefited by the use of black seed oil. While there is no scientific evidence found yet to prove this oil as a skin repairing treatment, many people have experienced that this oil helps wounds recover faster and help encourage growth of new skin when used in combination with proper medical treatment.
The benefits of black seed oil for hair growth, body health, and skin-deep beauty are tremendously effective when done with consistency. However, for oral usage, always take advice from your doctor first.